Population approximately: 4500
Settled in 1600s
Zip Code: 06355
Mystic is located as subdivisions of both Groton and Stonington. It surrounds the Mystic river which feeds into Long Island Sound. The four parts are, Mystic, Old Mystic, West Mystic and Historic Mystic. Most of the residence are full time residence however, the tourist population swells during the summer months. A popular vacation destination, Mystic has had several movies filmed in town along with destinations like the Mystic Seaport, Mystic Aquarium and a close proximity to Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun.
Mystic Real Estate has many options for prospective buyers. There are waterfront properties and water views of the Mystic River and Long island Sound. There are a number of options for condominiums in Groton – Mystic or Stonington – Mystic. Older Buildings have been remodeled and new buildings have been constructed. Some rentals are available but they fill up quickly for summer months. Residential homes are still being developed as subdivisions and individual houses on private lots of land.
As a real estate agent in Mystic I would also recommend you looking in these towns. Areas around Mystic are; Noank, Groton, Ledyard, Stonington, Masons Island, Latimer Point, Lords Point.
Properties that are similar to Mystic are; Noank, Stonington Borough, Niantic and Pawcatuck.
Reasons for living in Mystic
There are a lot of great reasons for living in Mystic. The people you live with and great neighborhoods are almost always welcoming.
- I95 runs through Mystic so it is always a quick drive north-east or south-west.
- Amtrak trains run through the middle town and there is even a train station for an easy commute to Boston or New York.
- Changing seasons are both beautiful and keeps life interesting.
- The Mystic Seaport – Originally a whaling village, this historic site has some of the oldest wooden ships in the country.
- The Aquarium, exciting and educational, the aquarium is often a destination of local residents, school children and tourists from around the world.
- The Drawbridge is a great place to have an ice cream and watch the bridge go up every hour.
- The historic architecture is beautiful
- Short boat trip or ferry to Long Island, Fishers Island or Block Island.
- Excellent, fresh off the boat, seafood.
- competitive or calming areas to sail, fish or just cruse on the ocean.
Vacation Rentals in Mystic
We have a number of summer properties and seasonal rentals available in and around Mystic. The full details for rentals can be found by our search function or by visiting the Mystic Vacation Rentals page for houses for rent and other details about available properties.
RESOURCE LINKS FOR MYSTIC